Sunday, May 4, 2008

Getting Your Prospect to Say NO!

Selling begins when your prospect says no!

Im sure youve heard or read that before. I, at one time, had a very bright and successful salesman, selling my imported German made tape recorders, which had many features never available before on any other tape recorders. In those early days a store usually sold only one brand of recorder.

He taught me how he sold by getting his prospects to say no.

He would ask; does your recorder have an automatic record and playback microphone? The reply was no.

Does your recorder have three speeds? Again no.

Does your recorder have a foot switch for transcribing? No.

Does your recorder have voice activation? No.

Does your recorder allow you to synchronize audio playback with a slide projector? No!

Can your recorder play for 4 hours on a 5" reel of tape. No.

He continued these queries going through almost every feature. After that he would say, You just told me No 17 times; what your recorder doesnt do. Our Universal recorder has all these features and more. Let me demonstrate exactly how each one works. And even at the slowest speed you can hear the amazing playback quality of music.

You can see why he was so successful. I learned a lot about getting my customer to say no!

Wishing you every great success.

Please contribute to indigent and starving peoples charities. Thank you. Email: ideaidare@yahoo.com
Permission granted to reproduce and use only in its entirety.
2007 Arnold Damsky All rights reserved.

Read my other articles: All free
From idea to I dare! - includes my unique visualization exercise, which allows you to tap into and connect your innermost desires, dreams and destiny, with a course of action to achieve them.
Part two includes useful links.
Also; Mastering your destiny!
And- Passion! The irrepressible drive to accomplish an undeniable dream.
And- Law of attraction or amazing coincidences?
Plus- Mastering enthusiasm.
And- Mastering the secret law of attraction.
And- How to create the best name and tag line for your business enterprise.
I hope they serve you well.

Home Guide and Informaiton Blog

No comments: