Monday, August 10, 2009

How to Self Help Technique to Help You Remember People's Name

Some of us have trouble remembering people's names. Have you ever noticed that many people can remember nearly everyone's name? Isn't that a cool trick, don't you wish you could do this? Well, guess what; you can and it is not really that hard. Remembering people's name will help you do all you do better and improve your relationships in the world.

Developing a strong self help strategy to remembering people's name is very possible and by doing this it makes people feel good, trust you and feel as if you care. The first step in remembering names is to pay attention when someone gives you their name.

Look them in the eye and repeat their name out loud; "You are Bill." And then say, Hi Bill, it's great to meet you. Then during the conversation, use their name at least once and then when they leave say to them; "Nice Meeting You Bill," and shake their hand and look them in the eyes when you say this.

Many psychologists recommend taking a person's name and playing around with it. If the person's name is bill, think of a duck bill if he is wearing a hat. If he is overweight think of a Bill as a "hill" and use a trick of memorization by association. I have talked to people about how they remember my name using this technique and they say my name is Lance and I am tall and slender, thus I look like a Lance!

The first time someone told me that, I laughed, I had always assumed I just had a unique name that was easy to remember. Actually, that is true too and it has helped people remember my name. You must use what works for you, but repeating their name in conversation and concentrating on names, well that is just half the battle, a war you can win!

Lance Winslow - Lance Winslow's Bio. If you have innovative thoughts and unique perspectives, come think with Lance; http://www.WorldThinkTank.net/.

No comments: